Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beer Cave versus The Pantheon

In an earlier post, I wrote that I wanted very much on my next vacation to visit The Pantheon in Rome. However, after reading this post from Edible Geography and watching the video fly through the beer cave in Nottingham, England, I'm rethinking this seriously.



Quote: "Malting is the process by which barley is germinated and dried, in order to prepare it for the next stage in beer-making: fermentation. There are nearly thirty malting caves under Nottingham, each with a well and soaking vat of some sort, a larger germination room, on whose sloping floor the wet barley would be spread and allowed to sprout, and a roughly spherical kiln room, in which the grain was roasted."

I'm squinchy about caves, but I really want to see these places.


No comments: