Monday, July 2, 2012

Artist of the Day: Bridget Riley

I'll be honest, I wasn't too enamored of Bridget Riley's earlier "op-art," it seemed too mechanical for my tastes. However, in examining her life's work, I am totally wowed.
Bridget Riley, Arcadia
This piece is one of my faves. . .I have talked about her work previously here.
Bridget Riley, artist, Arcadia


From: Gallerist NY. "Every five years the German town of Siegen, Germany, the birthplace of Old Master Peter Paul Rubens awards its Rubens prize to a “painter living in Europe in honor of his or her lifetime’s artistic accomplishment.” This year, Artforum notes today, the award has been given to Op artist Bridget Riley, who has an exhibition at the city’s Museum für Gegenwartskunst Siegen from July 1 through Nov. 11."

No comments: