Sunday, September 5, 2010

Repetition, Bad Habit or Not?

From one of my favorite bloggers: Ancient Artist: Developing an Art Career After 50, in a post labeled Repetition How Do You Know It Isn't a Bad Habit(Drawing, "I Found It Just Like Anything Else, I Stopped Looking," by Nancy Charak, 44"x30", oil wash, oil stick, prismacolor, graphite on 90# Stonehenge.)

Key quotes:



  • How do you know if what you are doing is part of your creative process or a habit you need to break?

  • Do I feel passionate about this or is it just fun to play with pretty colors?

  • Am I mimicking or exploring?


Mimicking is making duplicates of the same thing, "If you copy - you have two of same thing, who needs it?" Exploring is looking for depth.

1 comment:

Sue Smith said...

Thanks for the nice mention - I appreciate it very much.