Tuesday, September 17, 2013

News From Rounder Studio. . .

First of all, a reminder that Rounder Studio is now in Tucson, as I have pulled an Agnes Martin and decamped to the southwest. You can see some photos of my walks with my dog Samwise Gamgee at my Facebook IOS album.

In Chicago, good things. The ARC is having its 40th Anniversary show, they are the second oldest continuing artist cooperative in the country. I won't be there but my painting Realization 5216 will.

ARC Gallery, 2156 N. Damen Ave., Chicago, IL 60647, 773/252-2232
  • Exhibition Dates, September 25--October 19, 2013
  • Gallery Hours, Wednesday through Saturday, 12--6pm and Sunday, 12--4pm
  • Opening Reception, Friday, September 27, 6--9pm
  • Panel Discussion, Saturday, September 28, 3--4:30pm, including our founding sister, Gerda Meyer Bernstein

You can see my work and the work of other fine artists (including Agnes Martin) at The Nevica Project, under the good auspices of Jayson Lawfer, in the Ravenswood neighborhood in Chicago, just a short 2-block walk from my former studio at the Cornelia Arts Building. Note that Jayson Lawfer is encouraging all of you who are attending the Art Expo in Chicago (September 19 – 22, 2013) this weekend to get to the showroom at

The Nevica Project, 3717 N. Ravenswood, Unit 115W, Chicago, IL, 60613, 406/360-0164

And then, the Cornelia Arts Building is having an Open Studio, Friday, October 4th from 6--10pm, you should go. My studio mates and friends will be there, Randi Russo, Scott Simons, Emily Roynesdal, Doug Birkenheuer, Doug Frohman, Kevin Swallow, Jason Messinger, Darrell Roberts, over 40 artists!

No comments: